Centura Health Groundskeeper in Parker, Colorado
Known locally as the “full-service community hospital doing some big things,” Parker Adventist Hospital, (located at E-470 and Parker Road), offers leading medical experts, the latest technology and a broad array of clinical services. Ranked among the top hospitals in the nation for patient satisfaction, Parker Hospital performs complex spine and brain surgery along with weight-loss and joint-replacement surgery. We have a Level II Trauma Center and a Birthplace with a Level IIIA NICU caring for babies born as early as 28 weeks. Opened 10 years ago and still growing, the entire team is incredibly vibrant, skilled, enthusiastic, innovative and motivated. The sense of “newness” felt at Parker is a big aspect of the culture and the high patient and employee satisfaction scores speak volumes about the care and the environment. Every associate at Parker lives its culture of “relationship based care” each day – treating every patient, family and team member like WE would want to be cared for. For more information about Parker Adventist Hospital and joining the team, visit http://www.parkerhospital.org/.
_Job Description/Job Posting ID: 110774_
_Recruiter Contact: _ Todd Napikoski - email@example.com
_Clinic/Department:_* 8543 PARKER GROUNDS*
_Hospital:_* PARKER ADVENTIST HOSPITAL*
_Schedule:_ Full Time
_Position Summary _
This position is designed to provide maintenance and preventative maintenance to the grounds, equipment and buildings to provide a safe and healthful environment. The primary proficiency of this position is grounds work. Other responsibilities include those of general maintenance (i.e., parking lots, trash removal, flowerbeds, exterior signage and equipment maintenance.
_Minimum Education Requirements_
- High School Diploma or GED
_Minimum Experience Requirements_
- 2 years of ground maintenance experience or is able to demonstrate the ability to perform these responsibilities
- Valid Colorado Driver's License
_Position Duties (Essential Functions)_
Critical Thinking – 50%
- Prioritizing work as to immediate need. Self-motivated and needs little direction when performing routine activities. Anticipates maintenance needs before they become a problem or a safety hazard. Works well under pressure of time constraints.
Maintenance – 50%
- Mows, trims, waters, plants, prunes and otherwise maintains lawns, flowerbeds, shrubs and trees. Performs maintenance and repair of parking lots and equipment (i.e. lawnmowers, snow plows and sander). Removes trash, fallen leaves, snow and ice from grounds and parking lots. Keeps drainage ditches and culverts free of obstructions. Connects and maintains lawn and flowerbed sprinkling equipment and systems. Inspects grounds and parking lots to ensure safe conditions.
- Heavy Work - exert/lift up to 100 lbs force occasionally, and/or 50 lbs frequently, and/or 20 lbs constantly
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.