Centura Health Social Worker MSW in Parker, Colorado
Known locally as the “full-service community hospital doing some big things,” Parker Adventist Hospital, (located at E-470 and Parker Road), offers leading medical experts, the latest technology and a broad array of clinical services. Ranked among the top hospitals in the nation for patient satisfaction, Parker Hospital performs complex spine and brain surgery along with weight-loss and joint-replacement surgery. We have a Level II Trauma Center and a Birthplace with a Level IIIA NICU caring for babies born as early as 28 weeks. Opened 10 years ago and still growing, the entire team is incredibly vibrant, skilled, enthusiastic, innovative and motivated. The sense of “newness” felt at Parker is a big aspect of the culture and the high patient and employee satisfaction scores speak volumes about the care and the environment. Every associate at Parker lives its culture of “relationship based care” each day – treating every patient, family and team member like WE would want to be cared for. For more information about Parker Adventist Hospital and joining the team, visit http://www.parkerhospital.org/.
_Job Description/Job Posting ID: 115457_
_Recruiter Contact:_ Niki Miyata (email@example.com)
_Clinic/Department:_* 8675 PARKER CASE MANAGEMENT*
_Hospital:_* PARKER ADVENTIST HOSPITAL*
_Shift:_ This is a Per Requested Need (PRN) or "as needed" position. There are not a guaranteed number of hours offered each week.
Assesses the patient’s physical, psychosocial, cultural and spiritual needs. Assists in the coordination of appropriate services, resources and referrals. Advocates and provides support to patients and families who are having difficulty coping effectively with changing medical conditions.
• Graduate of Accredited Master’s in Social Work Program
*WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS*
• 2 years Social Work experience in a clinical setting desired
• Experience in Social Work with emphasis on discharge planning, referral to community services and/or case management or other related experience.
• Knowledge of community resources used for discharge planning, hospital operations, excellent communication/presentation skills, knowledge of third party payment systems, Medicare/Medicaid programs desired.
*POSITION DUTIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, INCLUDE % OF TIME)*
• Demonstrate special sensitivity toward different age groups, ethnic, cultural and disabling human diversity and human development.
• Uses supportive crisis intervention including illness, grief loss and decision making process.
• Conforms to standards of patient and family confidentiality according to hospital and NASW standards.
• Identify medical, patient, family, and psychosocial issues that may effect discharge.
• Identifying and respecting patient and family needs.
• Implement plan and communicates possible options for discharge with regard to financial need, insurance benefits and contracted providers.
• Make appropriate outside agency referrals.
• Follows through with all aspects of coordination including discharge planning for the transitions of care.
• Assesses and coordinates resources needs for specific patient populations.
• Demonstrates & understands the needs of the following age specific categories; neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, geriatric and implements a discharge plan tailored to the age specific needs of the patient.
• Confirms plan of care goals and anticipated plan of care through discussions with interdisciplinary team/review of documentation.
• Communicates plan of care goals or best practices to interdisciplinary team including the physician.
• Uses ALLSCRIPTS to facilitate electronic referrals for discharge planning.
• Consults and communicates, as appropriate, with designated Case Manager leader regarding difficult practice issues.
• Adheres to state and federal regulations pertaining to discharge.
• Implements discharge plan in accordance with physician direction and patient/caregiver agreement.
• Assesses patient/family learning style and appropriately teaches and documents understanding.
• Collaborates with interdisciplinary team to develop and implement holistic, individualized plan of care.
• Works in collaboration with Case Managers, Home Service Coordinators and Utilization Reviewers to ensure seamless and timely delivery of services.
• Maintains updated referral resources.
• Assess, coordinates and proactively evaluates discharge readiness with CM and use of resources and discusses variances on an as needed basis with treatment team.
• Participates in Family Conferences and Interdisciplinary Team Meetings in coordination with Case Manager.
• Reviews variance in plan of care concerning discharge planning with CM and/or designated CM leader as needed.
- This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
- Light work - Exert up to 20lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 10lbs frequently
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.