Centura Health System Specialist in Centennial, Colorado
Centura Health connects individuals, families and neighborhoods across Colorado and western Kansas with more than 21,000 of the most talented hearts and minds in medicine.
Through Centura Health’s 17 hospitals, two senior living communities, health neighborhoods, physician clinics, Flight for Life® Colorado, home care and hospice services, we offer a diverse range of work settings in a Colorado or Kansas community you will love to call home.
Enjoy amazing people, competitive pay, some of the best benefits in the industry and plenty of opportunity for professional growth and development.
If you’re ready to discover the difference of working for a fully-integrated health system with a non-profit, faith-based mission to care, we look forward to receiving your application.
_Job Description/Job Posting ID: 126447_
_Recruiter Contact:_ Donnelly, Amy S
_Shift:_ This is a full-time position requiring 40 hours per week.
In collaboration with other management personnel in the laboratory matrix structure, will be responsible for managing the Point-of-Care Testing Program within the Centura hospitals and Centura owned clinics. May act as laboratory director, based on CLIA requirements, for Centura facilities and Centura owned clinics as needed. Responsible for direct leadership of the Point-of-Care System Specialists. Provides a high level of technical and leadership knowledge and application of that knowledge to testing and clinical relevance. Functions in a self-directed manner, exhibits effective communication and advanced problem solving skills.
Minimum Education Requirements
BS or BA degree required
MT(ASCP) certification desirable
Minimum Experience Requirements
5 years MT or MLT experience
Qualification as a General Laboratory Supervisor as defined by CLIA
Flexibility to work variable hours and ability to travel
3 years hospital supervision and management, desirable
Experience with managing complex programs with accountability for measured outcomes, desirable
LS with ASCP certification, or MT/MLT with ASCP, AMT or equivalent certification.
Position Duties (Essential Functions)
Process Management – 30%
- Develop and operationalize point-of-care policies and procedures including specimen collection. Develop and monitor processes for validation and quality control of analytic methods. Review testing data and QC data as required. Optimize test ordering and resulting processes and align with test utilization.
Leadership – 25%
- Responsible for the operational management of system wide point-of-care, including direct leadership of the Point-of-Care System Specialists. Coaches team to meet strategic and operational goals. Ensures compliance with all HR policies and procedures. Maintains a high level of proficiency and current knowledge of trends in methodology, technology, and ways to deliver service in regards to laboratory medicine. In depth knowledge of CLIA, CAP, TJC, CMS, etc. and ensures compliance with all rules, regulations and guidelines. Understands processes and workflow. Use of process improvement methodologies including Focus PDCS, Six Sigma, LEAN, etc in all management practices.
Information Technology – 20%
- Maintain a high level of proficiency and understanding of the lab LIS, HIS and ambulatory computer systems from a user and optimization standpoint. Maintain a high level of proficiency and understanding of the accuracy and source of data that enters the LIS, HIS and ambulatory computer systems (both electronic and manual entry). Liaison for optimization of point-of-care processes and troubleshoot issues. Work directly with IT to improve processes and system changes.
Finance – 10%
- Understand and use tools available to manage financial performance of Centura Laboratory Services. Develop point-of care operating budget annually in collaboration with Centura Laboratory Services leadership. Review financial metrics monthly. Assist lab leadership in developing and implementing action plans on any unfavorable spending trends. Optimize processes for inventory management mechanisms including contract compliance in point-of-care testing.
Customer Relationships – 10%
- Represent Centura Laboratory Services in hospital and medical staff committee meetings as required. Consult with medical, nursing and administrative staff on a regular basis to coordinate and improve patient care as required. Handle and resolve customer complaints in a timely manner. Ensure integration of point-of-care quality improvement initiatives with that of the hospital. Establish and maintain productive working relationships with other lab system leaders, lab directors, hospital divisions and medical staff.
Strategy – 5%
- Maintain a high level of proficiency and current knowledge of trends in methodology, technology and delivery of point-of-care services. Create, understand and communicate a strategy in point-of-care to align with Centura Laboratory Services strategic plan and Centura hospital goals and objectives.
- Light Work - exert/lift up to 20 lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs frequently)
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.