Centura Health DIR PROGRAM / PORTFOLIO STRATEGY in Englewood, Colorado
Centura Health connects individuals, families and neighborhoods across Colorado and western Kansas with more than 21,000 of the most talented hearts and minds in medicine.
Through Centura Health’s 17 hospitals, two senior living communities, health neighborhoods, physician clinics, Flight for Life® Colorado, home care and hospice services, we offer a diverse range of work settings in a Colorado or Kansas community you will love to call home.
Enjoy amazing people, competitive pay, some of the best benefits in the industry and plenty of opportunity for professional growth and development.
If you’re ready to discover the difference of working for a fully-integrated health system with a non-profit, faith-based mission to care, we look forward to receiving your application.
_Job Description/Job Posting ID: 126987_
Under the direction of VP IT; the Director Program/Portfolio Strategy leads program and portfolio strategy planning and identifies innovative ideas and innovations to move the organization forward. Identifies and manages alignment of projects and programs to the corporate strategy. Exercises full PMO management competency, supported by a synthesis of broad experience and knowledge. Manages departmental and project/program budgets, procurement, and vendor management. Management and governance of the IT project portfolio aligned with business and technology goals to ensure IT budgets and resources are allocated appropriately, including management and oversight of projects according to the portfolio prioritization. Manages, trains and mentors more project office.
- Minimum Education Requirements*
Bachelors Degree, required
Master’s Degree, required
- Minimum Experience Requirements*
10 years of experience in formal project management, required.
5-7 years of experience managing project managers and ancillary staff
3 years experience in agile development
5 years successful delivery of project portfolio management (PPM) in a highly matrixed organization
5 years change management in a highly matrixed organization
5 years driving earned value across a company and moving an organization from low to high maturity in delivering earned value
7-10 years of experience in healthcare, PMO, information technology or project related industry, preferred
Project Management Professional (PMP), required
Position Duties (essential functions denoted with an * )
*Drive agile development and MVP (minimum viable product) concepts into SDLC
• Leads program and portfolio strategy planning and identifies innovative ideas and innovations to move the organization forward. Identifies and manages alignment of projects and programs to the corporate strategy. *
- Demonstrates understanding of business value in driving to a leading digital health organization. Ensures projects aligned with Business Technology (BT) and Enterprise Architecture (EA) to drive business value, alignment with key sponsors and stakeholders and realization of corporate goals.
• Trusted advisor to IT VP and occasionally senior leaders in the planning and execution of their strategic initiatives through management and oversight of multiple interrelated projects. Full PMO management competency, supported by a synthesis of broad experience and knowledge; the individual is likely to be regarded as a thought leader. *
• Experience with managing departmental and project/program budgets, procurement, and vendor management. *
• Responsible for executing departments program/project strategy. Oversees PMO project management training program and curriculum and ensure maintain REP status renewal. *
• Develops and facilitates program and non-program related events (e.g., team retreats, executive level business case development, etc.) *
• Trains and guides all PPM (project and portfolio management) stakeholders on PPM processes and projects. Develop staff to become future IT leaders, including development of executive level soft skills. *
- Develop and constantly improves SDLC (sys.tem development life cycle) processes and ensures scope alignment, on-time, on-schedule delivery of projects. Align BT, EA, solution architects, all IT and business stakeholders in successful realization of business values.
*Proactively communicates key project status and escalates issues across stakeholders. Must be hands on as needed to ensure delivery of business value.
*Create and drive change management across projects for successful realization of business value.
• Develops and continually improves governance models and delineates work for best results and highest accountability. *
• Executive level of soft skills including presentations, storytelling, etc. (challenges proactively, understands nuances and interprets data within the proper context.) *
• Proactively identifies and communicates challenging issues and alternatives for solutions with leaders.. *
/ * This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned./
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.