Centura Health RN Occupational Health Coordinator PT Days in Littleton, Colorado
Centura Health connects individuals, families and neighborhoods across Colorado and western Kansas with more than 21,000 of the most talented hearts and minds in medicine.
Through Centura Health’s 17 hospitals, two senior living communities, health neighborhoods, physician clinics, Flight for Life® Colorado, home care and hospice services, we offer a diverse range of work settings in a Colorado or Kansas community you will love to call home.
Enjoy amazing people, competitive pay, some of the best benefits in the industry and plenty of opportunity for professional growth and development.
If you’re ready to discover the difference of working for a fully-integrated health system with a non-profit, faith-based mission to care, we look forward to receiving your application.
_Job Description/Job Posting ID: 129189_
_Recruiter Contact:_ MandyGray@Centura.org
_Schedule: 7a-3:30pm- .20 FTE- non benefitted_
_Shift: Every Friday at Littleton Adventist_
Responsible for developing, implementing, coordinating and maintaining the occupational health programs for Centura. Serves as the System’s expert resource in assuring knowledge and compliance with all governmental agency regulations dealing with safety and wellness in the workplace. Maintains OSHA/BBP/Injury logs & exposures. Responsible for coordinating FMLA compliance/authorization in conjunction w/ HRD. Acts as liaison in associate health matters between Associates, supervisors, HRD and the Medical Director. The Occupational Health Nurse may also be responsible for coordinating the W/C program and activities designed to prevent, assess and treat work-related injuries and hazardous exposures; facilitates case management of workers’ comp claims, files First Report of Injury after reviewing/investigating incidents, reviews visit notes to coordinate back to work/light duty w/ managers and interacts w/ managers/HRD for associates who can't be released to work.
• Associate degree in Nursing; BSN preferred
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Prefer working knowledge of Occupational Health to include bloodborne pathogens; immunizations; communicable diseases knowledge of workers’ compensation procedures and regulations; general knowledge of OSHA, FMLA and ADA legislation; experience in claims coordination and/or general case management or discharge planning; basic computer skills in word processing and related programs.
• Current Colorado RN licensure
POSITION DUTIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, INCLUDE % OF TIME)
ASSESSMENT/TREATMENT – 10%
• Demonstrates sound clinical knowledge and judgement in assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation of employees.
• Initiates appropriate referrals and follow-up for medical care when needed.
• Performs nursing procedures in a timely manner.
• Demonstrates good organizational skills and ability prioritize
• Demonstrates the ability to deal effectively with difficult people and/or situations.
PREPLACEMENT – 20%
• Conducts pre-placement health screens.
• Coordinates efforts between HRD, MDs, employees and Medical Director for pre-placement concerns.
• Meets w/ HRD/Managers when issues identified which would suggest or require a need to rescind job offer.
• Serves as resource for management in developing physical job requirements.
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT – 25%
• Works with Medical Director in establishing and maintaining agency programs.
• Gathers and presents statistical data to appropriate committees.
• Communicates pertinent information to appropriate staff regarding state/federal mandated health programs.
• Updates and assists in preparing policies/procedures.
• Maintenance of OSHA logs as required.
• Maintenance of the Injury log for all associate incidents.
• Maintenance of Blood Born Pathogen logs/records as per OSHA.
• Maintains confidentiality regarding all aspects of care and employee records.
• Performs accurately and timely documentation.
• Updates records regarding immunizations, medications, exposures and medical surveillance.
HEALTH/SAFETY SURVELLIANCE – 10%
• Facilitates required medical exams on System employees.
• Follows department policies regarding communicable diseases in conjunction with Infection Control and Health Department.
• Follows exposure protocol as requried on all exposed individuals in a professional and confidential manner.
• Promotes and assists w/ the flu shot program for associates, Med. Staff, volunteers and designated contract employees.
EDUCATION/COMMITTEE RESPONSIBILITIES – 10%
• Accurately prepares and presents required reports/information.
• Researches information and conducts follow-up as requested by committees.
• Active member of Safety Committee, Infection Control Committee, and Statewide OHN Committee providing data and information as requested (Collects, analyzes and reports statistical data for required committees related to safety, infection control, risk management, etc.).
• Seeks to continue and promote professional development in self and the department.
WORKERS COMPENSATION/FMLA – 25%(IF ASSIGNED)
• Assists Providers with medical case management of workers’ comp cases to insure quality care and cost effectiveness.
• Acts as a resource person to the System regarding safety issues related to workers’ comp.
• Maintains and coordinates FMLA with HRD and dept. Mgrs. and Dirs. as it pertains to workers’ compensation.
• Implements and supervises modified duty program to maintain associate productivity and cost containment for the System.
* This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Associate may perform other related duties as assigned.
☑ Medium Work - exert/lift up to 50 lbs. force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. constantly
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.